Online Mediator Qualification Course
Through the advances of technology there now exists the opportunity to obtain the necessary basic process and skill components of mediation training online and become accredited in accordance with the Australian National Mediator Standards.
The Australian Mediation Association (AMA) for the first time offers a collaborative, interactive training and learning experience, keeping every participant engaged like never before.
2017 Course Commencement dates - each course is of 4 weeks duration online:
- Week commencing 13 March 2017
- Week commencing 12 June 2017
- Week commencing 9 October 2017
Book Your Place Now
Offered in conjunction with the Australian Mediation Association, our Conflict Resolution and Mediator training course provides you with outstanding faculty and a challenging and practice-based curriculum that enhances and advances any career, or those wishing to commence a career as a mediator.
The rapidly growing field of mediation offers an alternative to the legal system, investigative processes or adversarial forums.
The facilitative mediation process empowers people to resolve conflicts in a wide variety of areas including couple separation and property/child arrangements, workplace, community and commercial disputes.
Covering the broad spectrum of conflict resolution as a whole, you will complete the mediator training course with a better understanding of:
- The formal process of mediation as a specific method of conflict resolution, including the specific steps needed to come to a formal, written resolution.
- The process of mediation as a facilitator, allowing those involved in the conflict to shape the solution, rather than assigning one as an arbitrator or Judge.
- Fundamental communication skills especially important in conflict management such as listening, checking for accuracy in what you've heard, asking open-ended questions, reflecting, hearing wholly and empathetically, and more.
- Key negotiation, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills that are transferable to a variety of fields and can help you advance in any career.
This course is for all forms of mediation and a gateway course to practice Family Dispute Resolution.